The Division of University Research is pleased to announce an upcoming limited submission applied research funding opportunity, in partnership with NEW JERSEY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY (EDA). NEW JERSEY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY is an independent State authority, in but not of Treasury, that serves as the State's principal agency for driving economic growth and is committed to making New Jersey a national model for inclusive and sustainable economic development by focusing on key strategies to help build strong and dynamic communities, create good jobs for New Jersey residents, and provide pathways to a stronger and fairer economy. The EDA is undertaking actions in support of the offshore wind industry pending the Legislature’s establishment of a to be created Wind Institute; and the creation of University initiatives that further curriculum development and research in offshore wind.
University Initiatives to Advance Offshore Wind (University Initiatives) are initiatives that meet the following goals: build long-term, industry-valued expertise in offshore wind at New Jersey institutions of higher education through course development and offerings, combined research and teaching positions/projects, or other efforts, and/or that support a diversity of students and/or faculty engaged in offshore wind research and learning. >
Applicants to the NJEDA Wind Research Program must have an ORCID and a Researcher Profile in Rowan Digital Works (RDW). If you do not already have a RDW Researcher Profile in the Expert Gallery, please submit the RDW Researcher Profile Request form. If you do not have an ORCID, please see instructions on creating an ORCID researcher identifier to obtain one.
To apply, please submit your proposal using the button at the bottom of this page. Submissions are due by Friday, July 29, 2022 at 5:00pm. The Office of Research Development will announce awardees by Monday, August 12, 2022 with a project start date of August 19, 2022. All proposed projects must align with the following narrative format (limited to 3 pages total):
- Project Activities to be Conducted
- Explanation of How Proposed Activities Will Support Long-Term Development of Wind Industry
- Budget Justification
- Budget Template (provided below, is not part of the total page count)
- Plan for Pursuing Federal Funding - post completion of award period of performance
- If you anticipate applying for the NJEDA Wind Institute Fellow, please explain how the proposed activities will impact the proposed/planned work and supervision of the fellow.
In addition, please note that any proposed project must fulfill the following requirements:
- All projects are limited to a $25,000 award maximum.
- All projects must address goals, objectives, and proposed approach to complete the project by 6/30/23.
- All projects must be grounded in applied research.
Budget Template (download here)
If you have questions or concerns, please let me know.
Manager, Office of Research Development
Rowan University │ Division of University Research
South Jersey Technology Park
107 Gilbreth Parkway
Mullica Hill, NJ 08062